Monday, July 28, 2008

Fiesta Days Baby Contest

Jessica and I put Ryder and Alivia in the Fiesta Days Baby Contest. I decided that I would make Ryder a baseball outfit because the theme was Celebrating Traditions. I ended up making the shirt. I am not good at sewing at all. In fact I had to call one of the Young Women over to help me thread my machine. I purchased some fabric and went to work. I had a little baseball shirt that I was using as a pattern. I just laid it on top of the fabric and then cut around it, Grinch style. I unpicked an old cheer jacket for the SF, then I wonder undered number 10 on the back. I sewed it all up and this is what we got. It was kind of a disaster, but it looked okay when I got the rest of the outfit on him. It was kind of fun to do it all on my own, but I think I'll ask for help next time.


Ryder's new Nikes. He loves them! He usually only likes his crocs, but now he'll wear these. It is a good thing because it is going to get cold soon and crocs won't cut it for the winter.


Ryder's picture at the contest. He didn't win the contest, but I had a good time making his costume. He pulls this face a lot lately. We think its really funny.


Alivia won the baby contest for her age group! She was so cute carrying her bag of prizes. This is her in the park right after she got her medal. She is beautiful!


This is Aliva on the night of the contest. She looks so darling. We tried to get her to do all of these poses and smile, but I couldn't get the picture taken fast enough before she would move. What a doll!

18 comments:

Kelli Schwarz said...

They are both so adorable!!! What little cuties they are! Shan, I am impressed with your sewing. I could never pull that off. He looks so cute in his outfit. He for sure should have won. That face he pulls is so cute.

Emily H said...

Wow good job on sewing the outfit! It looks great and Ryder should have won. He is so cute! And congrats to Alivia! That's awesome she won.

reno and mel said...

oh my that is so cute! I must say you are quite the seamstress! I miss hanging out with you guys, when we get home from texas we will for sure have to get Marli and Ryder together.

Laicy said...

He looks so cute! I'm so impressed that you sewed his cute little outfit. I think he should have won.

Unknown said...

Great Job Shannon! Can I call you next time I need something sewn? What a handsome ball player you have. I would have picked him if I were a judge!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Wow! I think you did a great job on that outfit, he looks so cute!! He's such a cutie, I can't believe he didn't win, but sometimes you don't know what they are thinking, huh! Morons...
lol!

Karlee said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love his little ball suit! He looks like a miniature Brad! If I were one of the judges he for sure would have been the winner! I don't know how they choose though because there are so many little cuties! Ryder is definitely one of the cutest I've seen though! I still need to see him in person! He and Tater can be little monsters together! Great job on the sewing! Sometimes all it takes is just getting the stinkin needle threaded!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job making his outfit for the baby contest. I think it was rigged... Rylin and Ryder should have won!

Auger Family said...

Okay he totally should have won! He looks so cute and good job on doing it yourself! Very impressive :) Oh and good luck on the trek! I am sorry you have to do it. I will be looking forward to your pictures...

The Higginson's said...

Well I think Ryder should have won. He is the cutiest little baseball player ever and the most handsome little boy!

jeffandallisondavies said...

Ryders little outfit is so cute! you are so crafty, I got my class list today and I want to see if any of them are in your ward or if you know any of them.

Bonnie said...

How crafty are you! His outfit was so cute, he looked adorable! What a cute little baseball player, I love it!

*Sarah Johnson* said...

Shannon I didn't know that you had a blog Ryder's pictures are so cute and I love the one of your mom and him!

Bingham fam said...

RYDER IS SO DANG CUTE!!! HE SHOULD HAVE WON THE CONTEST TOO!!! THAT IS OK EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! (those things are rigged (sp?)anyway) AWESOME JOB ON HIS COSTUME TOO!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the costume! It looks darling! I can't believe Ryder didn't win- I really don't think there is a cute baby boy around! :)

Robbins said...

Way to go on your outfit! It looks great! Ryder was a doll!!!!

Anika said...

Haha! How fun! I think Ryder should have won... he is the cutest thing I'VE ever seen! Miss Alivia is so darling too... I'm glad she won! She should have! Oh and I am SO impressed with the sewing skills...

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

Girl I am amazed with the talent, and he is so stinken cute, but I was hoping there would be pictures from the trec!!!!!! love ya