Thursday, May 29, 2008

HELLO SUMMER!

Today is one of the most blessed days of the year also known as the LAST day of school! It is such a good feeling to get some freedom for the hot days to come. This year was a little bitter sweet for me. We are losing our "award winning" principal to Brookside Elementary. I say award winning because she has seriously won awards for her greatness. I will miss her more than I can even imagine now. I meant to get a picture of all of my colleagues who are leaving, but I was in a hurry to get that baby of mine. This picture is of DeAnn and Amanda. Both of them are going to Brookside. Yes, that is Trace in the middle. DeAnn will have the pleasure of proudly displaying him somewhere. Hopefully in her home where she can embarrass her three daughters. Amanda started at Canyon the same time I did. She just got married last month and has yet to return to earth. Canyon will not be the same without them.
This is Melissa Holmes. She left us this year for 1st grade but we still got to see her quite a bit. Her husband is headed to med school so of course she is off. It will be a little weird to come back after summer vacation and not see some of my old friends. Farewell and good luck to all of you!

1 comments:

melissa ( : said...

ahhh, thanks! You are sweet Shannon. I'm so happy we can keep in touch through blogging... and I'll for sure come and visit all my peeps at Canyon Elementary. We should get together this summer for dinner sometime though, one last hurrah!